Skip to main content

Cultivating Joy: Embracing Nature, Gratitude, and Mindful Living




 
In our fast-paced world, finding happiness can sometimes feel like chasing a mirage in the desert. However, it’s essential to remember that happiness isn’t a distant goal; it’s a journey cultivated with mindful practices and nurturing habits. Today, let’s explore some earthy, calming ways to instill joy into our daily lives.

Firstly, connect with nature. There’s something inherently soothing about the rustle of leaves, the scent of fresh pine, and the sight of a blooming flower. Studies have shown that spending time outdoors can reduce stress, improve mood, and even boost immune function. Whether it’s a brisk walk in a nearby park, gardening, or simply sitting under the shade of a tree to read a book, nature provides an essential oil for the soul, helping us breathe easier and smile more naturally.


Secondly, practice gratitude. It may sound cliché, but counting your blessings can significantly uplift your spirits. Each day, take a moment to reflect on three things you’re thankful for. It could be as simple as the warmth of the sun on your face, the laughter of a loved one, or the comforting aroma of a home-cooked meal. This practice shifts your focus from what’s lacking to what’s abundant, fostering a sense of contentment and inner peace.


Lastly, nurture your body with mindful breathing and wholesome nutrition. Deep, intentional breaths can calm the mind and reduce anxiety, bringing you back to the present moment where joy resides. Pair this with a diet rich in organic fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. These foods are not only nourishing but also brimming with life force energy, fueling your body and soul with vitality.



Happiness is not a destination but a way of life. By embracing nature, practicing gratitude, and nurturing our bodies, we can create a harmonious, joyful existence. Remember, happiness is like a garden; with a little care and attention, it will blossom beautifully.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Time I...

That Time I Gave an Unexpected Performance… I remember feeling so cute on that picture-perfect summer day as I pulled on my red ‘skinny’ jeans and white button-down. I tied the outfit together with some darling turquoise jewelry pieces and matching heels. Girl, I was ready for some shopping! Perfect for Downtown Shopping!  My 11-year-old daughter and I set out leisurely, perusing the many stores along Steamboat’s historic Main Street; it felt magical. And it continued to be magical right up until my gorgeous Jessica Simpson heels met with a stray orange peel. I mean, I’d seen cartoon characters slip on banana peels before, but an orange peel? Who knew? And slip I did. Right down into a complete split (I was pretty flexible back then)! The slip/split successfully ripped my sexy red skinny jeans entirely from ass to crotch, dislodging one of my Jessica Simpsons and twisting my ankle in the process. Let me tell ya. It was beautiful! After a moment of shock, I looked up — only to see my da
I love the holidays! Turning the calendar page over to November fills my heart with love, thankfulness and excitement for the season ahead.The holidays are traditionally a time to express gratitude to those we love as we gather over a Thanksgiving meal and make shopping lists of people we want to remember with a card or gift of appreciation. This holiday spirit of thankfulness is the spirit I’ve tried to carry through my cancer journey every day of the year. When life is ugly, dark, painful and bleak, finding gratitude in the simplest things snaps me out of the dull drums replacing sadness with hope, positivity and healing. During cancer, I spent many days sitting on my patio in the early morning hours, in my pj’s, when the world was still, meditating, watching the sunrise, listening to the song of birds, watching the clouds, listening to the wind, looking at the flowers in my garden and reciting self-created personal affirmations. Not only did I enjoy nature but felt gratitude for my

Letting Go of What does not Serve you

  On September 28, 2019, I drank my last sip of alcohol. Well, it wasn’t a sip. More like a bottle or two of wine. Truly, the amount doesn’t matter. What matters is that I was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole for decades. Alcohol was not serving me and I needed to let it go. At the time, I wasn’t aware it would be my last time drinking. But, as my anxiety surged through the night and crippled me throughout the next day, I finally decided I had enough. If you are fulfilled and happy with your alcoholic drinks of choice, this blog post may not resonate for you. I am not here to judge, diagnose, or preach to you. However, if you are a person that cannot understand why a highly addictive chemical depressant makes you feel like a trash human when everyone else is having so.much.fun…this IS for you. I needed posts like this 2 years ago when I felt like I was the only person on earth that felt that way. Spoiler alert - I am not. If you feel that way too - you are not alone. T