Skip to main content


I love the holidays! Turning the calendar page over to November fills my heart with love, thankfulness and excitement for the season ahead.The holidays are traditionally a time to express gratitude to those we love as we gather over a Thanksgiving meal and make shopping lists of people we want to remember with a card or gift of appreciation.

This holiday spirit of thankfulness is the spirit I’ve tried to carry through my cancer journey every day of the year. When life is ugly, dark, painful and bleak, finding gratitude in the simplest things snaps me out of the dull drums replacing sadness with hope, positivity and healing.

During cancer, I spent many days sitting on my patio in the early morning hours, in my pj’s, when the world was still, meditating, watching the sunrise, listening to the song of birds, watching the clouds, listening to the wind, looking at the flowers in my garden and reciting self-created personal affirmations. Not only did I enjoy nature but felt gratitude for my eyes, ears and incredible body that was fighting so hard. I found myself looking up far more than feeling down. Looking for good around me helped me feel hopeful instead of discouraged and depressed. I must have looked up and said “thank you” to God a million times for the million little things that were helping me get through two Stage 4 Cancers.

I will admit I’ve never been able to truthfully say I’m thankful for cancer. It’s a horrific experience for the patient and everyone who loves them BUT the lessons I’ve learned through the journey have been immeasurable. I will never be the same person as I was pre-cancer. I am indebted to God, the love and compassion of my family and support of friends. I have much to be thankful for this holiday season and every day in the new year.

Rebecca Adams

 

About Rebecca 

Rebecca Adams brings her dynamic passion and diverse set of life and professional experiences to the table. She’s known for her organizational and time management skills. Balancing Motherhood with her talents as a Pianist and Award Winning Composer positioned her to educate thousands of students over a 40 year career as Piano Studio Owner and Teacher. Rebecca’s experience as a 6 year Cancer Survivor helped drive her entrepreneurial spirit to embrace new business opportunities in the world of Clean Beauty. Pandemic time gave Rebecca the opportunity to fulfill academic and exam requirements to become a Certified Essential Oils Coach. As a devoted member of her Church, she brings her leadership and talents to each opportunity, always on the lookout for ways to serve others. Mostly, she cherishes each new day, being surrounded by the people she loves, especially working with her daughter on their new start-up headband company, Knot +Crown.




Follow Rebecca and her amazing business here ⤵️


www.myalchemyskincare.com


Facebook@myalchemyskincare


Instagram@myalchemyskincare


We are very grateful to Rebecca and her daughter Amanda for gifting our Pinkettes at our Check Your Canns event this past October. Here’s one of our friends and models Erika wearing their headband to treatment. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

That Time I...

That Time I Gave an Unexpected Performance… I remember feeling so cute on that picture-perfect summer day as I pulled on my red ‘skinny’ jeans and white button-down. I tied the outfit together with some darling turquoise jewelry pieces and matching heels. Girl, I was ready for some shopping! Perfect for Downtown Shopping!  My 11-year-old daughter and I set out leisurely, perusing the many stores along Steamboat’s historic Main Street; it felt magical. And it continued to be magical right up until my gorgeous Jessica Simpson heels met with a stray orange peel. I mean, I’d seen cartoon characters slip on banana peels before, but an orange peel? Who knew? And slip I did. Right down into a complete split (I was pretty flexible back then)! The slip/split successfully ripped my sexy red skinny jeans entirely from ass to crotch, dislodging one of my Jessica Simpsons and twisting my ankle in the process. Let me tell ya. It was beautiful! After a moment of shock, I looked up — only to see my da

Letting Go of What does not Serve you

  On September 28, 2019, I drank my last sip of alcohol. Well, it wasn’t a sip. More like a bottle or two of wine. Truly, the amount doesn’t matter. What matters is that I was trying to fit a square peg in a round hole for decades. Alcohol was not serving me and I needed to let it go. At the time, I wasn’t aware it would be my last time drinking. But, as my anxiety surged through the night and crippled me throughout the next day, I finally decided I had enough. If you are fulfilled and happy with your alcoholic drinks of choice, this blog post may not resonate for you. I am not here to judge, diagnose, or preach to you. However, if you are a person that cannot understand why a highly addictive chemical depressant makes you feel like a trash human when everyone else is having so.much.fun…this IS for you. I needed posts like this 2 years ago when I felt like I was the only person on earth that felt that way. Spoiler alert - I am not. If you feel that way too - you are not alone. T