Skip to main content

Christine Goes to Harvard University at 50


When I get asked : Why Harvard at 49 years old, I laugh. After 28 rounds of chemo- too many-and 21 non-elective surgeries I laugh at the thought that I can not accomplish what I want. Since my cancer diagnosis, I have become a best-selling author, motivational speaker, sought after speaker in Florida prison system, Nationally recognized humanitarian, model, and so much more.

 I, WE, can truly accomplish anything and any time of our lives. I graduated from Southern Me-thodist University over 25 years ago. Going back to get my masters degree in Creative Writing and Literature was just a step on the unstoppable road for me since my diagnosis. 

 When your faith is in the eternal, and you leave it up to Him, there is nothing that can stop me-US. My faith has stomped on my fears, my faith has triumphed over my illnesses, YES, many and I am the epitome of Faith over Fear. 

 Harvard was out of touch for too many years because I had no self esteem to try to go for it. After I completed my season of cancer I decided to go for all of it. Harvard included. I have been in school for about a year and a half. 

 I also had a very bad case of Chemo brain after so much treatment. I was unwilling to live like that and school, learning, was my way out.

 The best advice I can give anyway is work on your self-esteem. When we cheer for ourselves,believe in ourselves and walk through life caring about our self worth we are much more likely to accomplish goals that were once untouchable. 

 Be you, cheer for you and look in the mirror and say I LOVE YOU 

 Christine Handy 

 Originally published on April 9, 2021 by Christine Handy on https://christinehandy.com 


Christine Handy is a mother of two, a breast cancer survivor, International speaker, accomplished model, Best selling author, and a Nationally recognized Humanitarian. Christine Handy has seen it all and has overcome all odds. Christine’s motto is: There is always Purpose in Pain, but we have to be willing to share the story. Her life-long passion for writing has finally come full circle with an incredible story to share. 

 Christine Handy is a best selling author of Walk Beside Me. Walk Beside Me follows Willow Adair, a beautiful model with a successful career built around her outer appearance and a perfectly composed persona secretly hiding her inner insecurities. All goes awry when a routine operation takes a nearly fatal misstep, and additional health issues leave her dwindling physically and emotionally. An unexpected breast cancer diagnosis deepens her depression and lack of hope until her friends, aka her Angels carry her spiritually and emotionally to full recovery. Walk Beside Me is a story of hope, faith, friendship, hardship, and taking a closer look at what truly matters in life.

 You can buy her book here https://www.amazon.com/dp/1683501616/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_ZJTWNVD0QS04SH9XA2KJ 

 You can follow Christine Handy here on Instagram https://christinehandy.com/christine-goes-to-harvard-university-at-50/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitting, My First Was in an Irish Bar

Written by: Chrisie Canny So, for those of you who know me and the fact that I met my husband in a bar in Brooklyn, you may be assuming what  Fitting, My First Was in an Irish Bar  is all about. And I am here (this time only) to tell you to get your minds out of the gutter. This is not a blog about the first time I had a drink in a bar…ha.., did you think I would say sex? Well…anyway… this is about the first time I finally let someone read my chapter in the Anthology Magnificently Made and very fittingly it happened in an Irish Bar, the old Irish Pub in AC to be exact. It’s also a story about the fear of being a writer and putting something out into the world for everyone to pick at and scrutinize. Let me go back over a year ago when my now publishers Jess and Jenn started posting on social media about how they had a dream of bringing 33 women together to write an Anthology. 33 women to share their journeys to help lift other women. Sounded like my cup of tea just by the description bu

That Time I...

That Time I Gave an Unexpected Performance… I remember feeling so cute on that picture-perfect summer day as I pulled on my red ‘skinny’ jeans and white button-down. I tied the outfit together with some darling turquoise jewelry pieces and matching heels. Girl, I was ready for some shopping! Perfect for Downtown Shopping!  My 11-year-old daughter and I set out leisurely, perusing the many stores along Steamboat’s historic Main Street; it felt magical. And it continued to be magical right up until my gorgeous Jessica Simpson heels met with a stray orange peel. I mean, I’d seen cartoon characters slip on banana peels before, but an orange peel? Who knew? And slip I did. Right down into a complete split (I was pretty flexible back then)! The slip/split successfully ripped my sexy red skinny jeans entirely from ass to crotch, dislodging one of my Jessica Simpsons and twisting my ankle in the process. Let me tell ya. It was beautiful! After a moment of shock, I looked up — only to see my da
I love the holidays! Turning the calendar page over to November fills my heart with love, thankfulness and excitement for the season ahead.The holidays are traditionally a time to express gratitude to those we love as we gather over a Thanksgiving meal and make shopping lists of people we want to remember with a card or gift of appreciation. This holiday spirit of thankfulness is the spirit I’ve tried to carry through my cancer journey every day of the year. When life is ugly, dark, painful and bleak, finding gratitude in the simplest things snaps me out of the dull drums replacing sadness with hope, positivity and healing. During cancer, I spent many days sitting on my patio in the early morning hours, in my pj’s, when the world was still, meditating, watching the sunrise, listening to the song of birds, watching the clouds, listening to the wind, looking at the flowers in my garden and reciting self-created personal affirmations. Not only did I enjoy nature but felt gratitude for my