Skip to main content

How to Love Yourself, for Real



Dear Bright, Brilliant, Soul,


What if loving yourself more was the answer to every question in your life?


Here is a list of things you can expect from loving yourself more:


  • Improved sense of well-being

  • Better relationships

  • More ease

  • More money

  • Less stress

  • Less worry

  • More free time

  • More freedom

  • Increased ability to create what you prefer

  • Increased capacity to receive your desires

  • Better sleep 

  • Better looking

  • More pleasure and joy


My mission is to help heal and uplift the world by helping everyone, everywhere - especially ambitious, soulful women - give themselves everything they ever wanted in life now


Consider these truths. 1. We are all worthy of more love. 2. There is a real, tangible way to get it and cultivate it. 3. Flowing more love to ourselves in both spiritual and practical ways has the power to elevate everything. 

There is sometimes a worry that if we love ourselves or give too much attention to ourselves, it will make us selfish. I'm here to tell you that is completely false, old and outdated thinking. We can lovingly let it go. 


Selfishness comes from a feeling of lack. When we feel that we dont have enough, we take more.


We grasp for more in order to compensate for the not-enough-ness we feel. Taking and having are two different experiences. Having comes from enjoying and receiving. Receiving comes from our ability to accept love. The more we love ourselves, the easier it is to give, receive and enjoy. 


Both giving AND receiving come from love.


Maybe you’ve had the experience of being in a really good mood, and through your good mood, you felt lighter, you liked your partner more, you were more friendly to the people in line with you at the checkout counter, and maybe you held the door open for someone on your way out.

This is what love does. Love creates more for ourselves and everyone around us. What if your most important job is to fill your own cup, and that in so doing, the quality of care and attention you give to others is then greater, easier, and flowing from the extra in the saucer, not the cup.

You feel happy and fulfilled because your beautiful cup is full AND you feel happy and fulfilled because you get to give easily, and naturally from the overflow

Have you ever wondered what the words love yourself” reeeeeallly mean? I know I have.

For years, it was simply a concept that made no sense to me. Other than this: Once when I was very young, I saw a ballet dancer stretching on the floor before a rehearsal. The way she was lingering slowly with her movement, enjoying her own body, the gentle way she was giving attention to herself, it was like nothing I had ever seen or felt before.

I didnt have the words at the time, but this was my first experience with witnessing someone genuinely loving them self.

Years later, after two decades practicing as a psychotherapist and executive coach, working with individuals, couples and companies from all over the world, and a lifetime of my own ups and downs, learning and personal growth, I finally came to understand.

From a lived perspective, I want to share how self-love works, and make it easy and real for everyone.

Heres why. The way we feel about ourselves affects every area of our life, emotionally, spiritually, materially, relationally, practically, financially, and creatively. 


One of the most loving and generous things we can do for ourselves and the world, is to take the time - it doesnt matter how much - even if it's only three minutes a day - to cultivate and flow more love to ourselves.

Practicing one intentional heart opening moment today will lead to hundreds of more natural moments of pure-hearted, self-love later.



My book, How to Love Yourself in Less Than a Week and Also for the Rest of Your Life”, sorts all of this out in a way that's simple, light-hearted, tangible, easy and fun. 

In it, I share a number of personal and practical actions (including a whole chapter on things you can do in 3 minutes or less) that will move you from lack to abundance, worry to freedom, and self-judgment to curiosity, pleasure and love.


Many of us were conditioned to believe that in order to deserve all the good things in life, we needed to be willing to work hard in order to get it.

What if working hard has nothing to do with the love, pleasure, worthiness and freedom we crave?

Sometimes we think that pushing ourselves is the way to achieve the things we desire. We doubt that loving ourselves or being gentle will get the job done. Love gets the job done…even if it takes a little extra faith in yourself.

Here are some quick and simple ways to invite more love in for you.



  1. Practice saying yes to yourself more often. Where can you say Yes to yourself today?


  2. Let in a little luxury. How can you make yourself more comfortable? Right now, in this moment, could you put your feet up? If your feet are up, could you let your shoulders hang?


  3. What are the words you would most love to hear? Jot them down on paper and allow the words to be spoken to you, from you. 

You are worthy of more love and your willingness to give it to yourself will change everything.

How to Love Yourself in Less Than a Week and Also for the Rest of Your Life” is a bestselling short, sweet read that has the power to change the trajectory of your life.

The book is dedicated to every little girl who wanted more, and every woman who said yes to herself.

Get a copy here: tinyurl.com/5536sm8h


Loving you,

Rachel



Rachel Madorsky, LCSW is a best selling author, speaker, psychotherapist, self-love + success strategist and executive coach. Her mission is to heal and uplift the world by helping ambitious, soulful women give themselves everything they ever wanted in life now. To learn more and connect with Rachel visit rachelmadorsky.com 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitting, My First Was in an Irish Bar

Written by: Chrisie Canny So, for those of you who know me and the fact that I met my husband in a bar in Brooklyn, you may be assuming what  Fitting, My First Was in an Irish Bar  is all about. And I am here (this time only) to tell you to get your minds out of the gutter. This is not a blog about the first time I had a drink in a bar…ha.., did you think I would say sex? Well…anyway… this is about the first time I finally let someone read my chapter in the Anthology Magnificently Made and very fittingly it happened in an Irish Bar, the old Irish Pub in AC to be exact. It’s also a story about the fear of being a writer and putting something out into the world for everyone to pick at and scrutinize. Let me go back over a year ago when my now publishers Jess and Jenn started posting on social media about how they had a dream of bringing 33 women together to write an Anthology. 33 women to share their journeys to help lift other women. Sounded like my cup of tea just by the description bu

That Time I...

That Time I Gave an Unexpected Performance… I remember feeling so cute on that picture-perfect summer day as I pulled on my red ‘skinny’ jeans and white button-down. I tied the outfit together with some darling turquoise jewelry pieces and matching heels. Girl, I was ready for some shopping! Perfect for Downtown Shopping!  My 11-year-old daughter and I set out leisurely, perusing the many stores along Steamboat’s historic Main Street; it felt magical. And it continued to be magical right up until my gorgeous Jessica Simpson heels met with a stray orange peel. I mean, I’d seen cartoon characters slip on banana peels before, but an orange peel? Who knew? And slip I did. Right down into a complete split (I was pretty flexible back then)! The slip/split successfully ripped my sexy red skinny jeans entirely from ass to crotch, dislodging one of my Jessica Simpsons and twisting my ankle in the process. Let me tell ya. It was beautiful! After a moment of shock, I looked up — only to see my da
I love the holidays! Turning the calendar page over to November fills my heart with love, thankfulness and excitement for the season ahead.The holidays are traditionally a time to express gratitude to those we love as we gather over a Thanksgiving meal and make shopping lists of people we want to remember with a card or gift of appreciation. This holiday spirit of thankfulness is the spirit I’ve tried to carry through my cancer journey every day of the year. When life is ugly, dark, painful and bleak, finding gratitude in the simplest things snaps me out of the dull drums replacing sadness with hope, positivity and healing. During cancer, I spent many days sitting on my patio in the early morning hours, in my pj’s, when the world was still, meditating, watching the sunrise, listening to the song of birds, watching the clouds, listening to the wind, looking at the flowers in my garden and reciting self-created personal affirmations. Not only did I enjoy nature but felt gratitude for my