Skip to main content

The Greatest Wealth is Health


Primrose Healing and Wellness takes a uniquely holistic approach to therapy, healing, and wellness. When designing each individual’s transformative path to wellness, we consider the whole person. Instead of utilizing psychotherapy in the more traditional fashion, holistic therapy includes all elements of health and looks at the mind-body connection and more! Human beings are complex and multifaceted. That said, we need an approach to wellness that takes this into consideration. 


The Methods that Primrose Offers, Psychotherapy, Mindfulness, Meditation, Yoga, Nutritional Consulting, Polarity Therapy, and Psychoeducational workshops are all interconnected, complementary, and help each person to find their individualized path to a new state of mental, spiritual, and physical health! 


Health is defined, by the World Health Organization, as a state of complete physical, mental, and social wellbeing, not merely the absence of disease. The National Wellness Institute describes wellness as an approach to life that considers multidimensional aspects of wellness. It encourages individuals to recognize the whole person: Physical, Mental, Emotional, Social, Intellectual, Financial, Occupational, Spiritual and Environmental. 




Here are three reasons why someone might consider holistic therapy: 


1. Improves overall health. 

Adding restorative practices such as yoga into wellness routines simultaneously transforms mind and body. Yoga involves a meditative focus on breath and a calming mental focus on movement of the body. Studies have shown that a regular yoga practice can increase happiness, improve focus and information retention and reduce stress! The physical aspect of yoga leads to increased flexibility and strength and can enhance the quality of sleep.


2. Helps craft a balanced life. 

Creating a routine that includes varying activities to improve mental, physical, and spiritual health will help encourage a balanced and wholesome lifestyle. For example, when solely utilizing talk therapy to address a condition like stress or anxiety, the incredible benefits of a healthy diet, regular exercise, and spiritual support may not be prioritized. But a true wellness routine will include a big-picture approach to pursuing a healthy and thriving life. 


3. Changes the root cause of challenges. 

By looking at intersecting aspects across a person’s life, one can understand how best to address the root causes of challenges faced. Rather than treat the symptoms, we can address challenges head-on and through a dynamic range of methods. When attended to with the positive and affirming methods of holistic therapy, the opportunity for powerful change is in the hands of all who are willing to take it. 


In addition to dealing with specific wellness issues, holistic treatment is preventative. When we find ways to prevent health issues, why would we not bring this into our lives? 



I want to share with you my own journey into one type of holistic wellness: Polarity Therapy. As a holistic practitioner, I was already convinced of the benefits of working with the whole person. I had very specific evidence that the holistic approach to psychotherapy worked with my clients struggling with eating disorders. I knew there that the holistic approach was working, where other modalities had failed clients. I thought, why am I only doing this with one population. Everyone could benefit from this holistic approach, and I decided to move entirely into a holistic format for everyone.

In the early days of Primrose, we had such an incredible team. We had psychotherapists, a massage therapist, and a Reiki Practitioner. I was so honored to see the support of clients as they felt better and were offered a comprehensive treatment program that they could not find anywhere else.

Covid became a part of our lives, and things needed to be modified. Primrose went virtual with psychotherapy, nutritional counseling, yoga, mindfulness, and meditations. It worked very well, and we even had clients enrolled in our 30-day intensive program. Visit primroseintensive.com

Teletherapy became the norm, and it worked well with our clients. As we gradually began to reopen, we integrated Polarity Therapy into our Practice. Polarity Therapy is a holistic approach to healing that helps the body balance itself, removing energy blocks that can get in the way of optimal physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing.



Polarity therapy uses a number of touch skills that help the body to relax, release tension, anxiety. The touch skills can range from an exceptionally soft touch to more rigorous or deep work, depending on the needs of the client. Balancing the energy in the body can help the body restore health and manage pain.

Polarity Therapy can help clients discover what they want on their wellness journey. In the process of self-discovery and awareness, clients can work on a number of emotional issues, including anxiety, depression, trauma, and addiction.

Polarity therapy is one of the holistic treatment modalities used at Primrose. It can be an excellent adjunct to psychotherapy or can be used as a therapy all on its own.

Some of the reasons someone may choose to try Polarity Therapy is that it can be helpful in the treatment of:
  • Chronic Pain
  • Addiction
  • Trauma
  • Depression
  • Anxiety
  • Physical Illness
  • Emotional Distress
  • Acute and Chronic Stress Disorders
And many other conditions

The road to health and wellness is complicated. There are many options that people have today when it comes to healing and preventions. Holistic care is about Mind, Body, and spirit. It is an approach that makes perfect sense to me as we as human beings are not just our bodies or our minds. We are a combination of many things that make up a whole.




If you have questions about Holistic Psychotherapy and Wellness, please feel free to reach out to Primrose Healing and Wellness. We would love to hear from you.

Website: www.primrosehealingandwellness.com

Phone: 650-425-3451

Phone: 714-602-3806

Email: Admin@primrosehealingandwellness.com
And as always, we hope you'll consider becoming a member of our writing community if you feel so led! Please contact Becca at becca.vented@gmail.com should you be interested in contributing to our uplifting blog. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitting, My First Was in an Irish Bar

Written by: Chrisie Canny So, for those of you who know me and the fact that I met my husband in a bar in Brooklyn, you may be assuming what  Fitting, My First Was in an Irish Bar  is all about. And I am here (this time only) to tell you to get your minds out of the gutter. This is not a blog about the first time I had a drink in a bar…ha.., did you think I would say sex? Well…anyway… this is about the first time I finally let someone read my chapter in the Anthology Magnificently Made and very fittingly it happened in an Irish Bar, the old Irish Pub in AC to be exact. It’s also a story about the fear of being a writer and putting something out into the world for everyone to pick at and scrutinize. Let me go back over a year ago when my now publishers Jess and Jenn started posting on social media about how they had a dream of bringing 33 women together to write an Anthology. 33 women to share their journeys to help lift other women. Sounded like my cup of tea just by the description bu

That Time I...

That Time I Gave an Unexpected Performance… I remember feeling so cute on that picture-perfect summer day as I pulled on my red ‘skinny’ jeans and white button-down. I tied the outfit together with some darling turquoise jewelry pieces and matching heels. Girl, I was ready for some shopping! Perfect for Downtown Shopping!  My 11-year-old daughter and I set out leisurely, perusing the many stores along Steamboat’s historic Main Street; it felt magical. And it continued to be magical right up until my gorgeous Jessica Simpson heels met with a stray orange peel. I mean, I’d seen cartoon characters slip on banana peels before, but an orange peel? Who knew? And slip I did. Right down into a complete split (I was pretty flexible back then)! The slip/split successfully ripped my sexy red skinny jeans entirely from ass to crotch, dislodging one of my Jessica Simpsons and twisting my ankle in the process. Let me tell ya. It was beautiful! After a moment of shock, I looked up — only to see my da
I love the holidays! Turning the calendar page over to November fills my heart with love, thankfulness and excitement for the season ahead.The holidays are traditionally a time to express gratitude to those we love as we gather over a Thanksgiving meal and make shopping lists of people we want to remember with a card or gift of appreciation. This holiday spirit of thankfulness is the spirit I’ve tried to carry through my cancer journey every day of the year. When life is ugly, dark, painful and bleak, finding gratitude in the simplest things snaps me out of the dull drums replacing sadness with hope, positivity and healing. During cancer, I spent many days sitting on my patio in the early morning hours, in my pj’s, when the world was still, meditating, watching the sunrise, listening to the song of birds, watching the clouds, listening to the wind, looking at the flowers in my garden and reciting self-created personal affirmations. Not only did I enjoy nature but felt gratitude for my