Skip to main content

Act your Age, Beautifully



Life is so surprising at times. Almost shocking. In this year of 54 I have learned so much. This has been the year of more spiritual growth and compassion than I ever thought possible.

I love my birthday and I love my age. I never hesitate to tell someone how old I am. I cherish being 54. When I have had discussions with others about wanting to go back to a younger age, my answer is always NO! Not because I did not enjoy my life and my younger years, but because I have found how to love being right where I am.

If there is any wisdom for me to impart in entering this year of 54, it is that the true gift comes in the art of being. Being in flow. Being in joy. Being in acceptance. Being in authenticity. Being in connection. Being in compassion

Not being in perfection. Or goals. Or timelines. Or schedules.

Being in life and whatever it brings that moment.

This is an art form. It takes practice and awareness and commitment. Some of my days see expectations and frustration and annoyance. But peppered all throughout is deep joy and a true love of life and living it. The trick is to breathe, press pause and remember who you are—a beautiful being of love and light here to experience ALL of life AND to get messy and angry at times. To feel it all, to allow it all.

The wisdom is really about allowing. Allowing all of it. The feel good and the feel yucky. The laughter and the pain. I have found that the 2 reside right next to each other. They share a yard. And moving one small step away from pain will land you in joy again. Sometimes we can’t make the step on our own. We can’t even see the yard or know where to go. In these times we must be carried. It is up to us to allow the help, to let go, loosen the resistance and BE. To be led to a place of peace and comfort, to light and lightness.

Breathe in, breathe out, soften.

This is the gift, the way. The way to freedom, and personal power, and safety, and flow. The way to JOY.

Living life fully and the ensuing joy is in the softness. In the simple and the easy. Being a lover of life and in love with life has nothing to do with complicated. Actually, complicated buries joy and love. Complicated makes us emotional hoarders, creating so much clutter that we are not able to recognize the beauty in the entire experience.

And I do not want to go back to 18 or 21, or 30 or even 53, no thank you, I am thrilled to be where I am this moment. Committed to me and to continuing this messy, often complicated by my own hands, confusing and cluttered, beautifully acting my age of 54.

How might you be you and act your age beautifully?

~Michele


Michele Snelling is a psychic medium, a spiritual coach & creator/owner of a line of intuitively created essential oil and salt products. Michele has been intuitive her whole life and it is her purpose to share these gifts with whomever desires, offering them a better understanding of who they are and the path that is connected to their Higher Truth. Her intention is to provide guidance, insight and tools to enable those she works with to remember their authentic self, to find the joy they are longing for and to live the life of their dreams.

Visit Michele's Webiste HERE

Connect with Michele on Instagram HERE

Please Consider Supporting the Humane Society at Michele's Request HERE



And as always, we hope you'll consider becoming a member of our writing community if you feel so led! Please contact Becca at becca.vented@gmail.com should you be interested in contributing to our uplifting blog. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fitting, My First Was in an Irish Bar

Written by: Chrisie Canny So, for those of you who know me and the fact that I met my husband in a bar in Brooklyn, you may be assuming what  Fitting, My First Was in an Irish Bar  is all about. And I am here (this time only) to tell you to get your minds out of the gutter. This is not a blog about the first time I had a drink in a bar…ha.., did you think I would say sex? Well…anyway… this is about the first time I finally let someone read my chapter in the Anthology Magnificently Made and very fittingly it happened in an Irish Bar, the old Irish Pub in AC to be exact. It’s also a story about the fear of being a writer and putting something out into the world for everyone to pick at and scrutinize. Let me go back over a year ago when my now publishers Jess and Jenn started posting on social media about how they had a dream of bringing 33 women together to write an Anthology. 33 women to share their journeys to help lift other women. Sounded like my cup of tea just by the description bu

That Time I...

That Time I Gave an Unexpected Performance… I remember feeling so cute on that picture-perfect summer day as I pulled on my red ‘skinny’ jeans and white button-down. I tied the outfit together with some darling turquoise jewelry pieces and matching heels. Girl, I was ready for some shopping! Perfect for Downtown Shopping!  My 11-year-old daughter and I set out leisurely, perusing the many stores along Steamboat’s historic Main Street; it felt magical. And it continued to be magical right up until my gorgeous Jessica Simpson heels met with a stray orange peel. I mean, I’d seen cartoon characters slip on banana peels before, but an orange peel? Who knew? And slip I did. Right down into a complete split (I was pretty flexible back then)! The slip/split successfully ripped my sexy red skinny jeans entirely from ass to crotch, dislodging one of my Jessica Simpsons and twisting my ankle in the process. Let me tell ya. It was beautiful! After a moment of shock, I looked up — only to see my da
I love the holidays! Turning the calendar page over to November fills my heart with love, thankfulness and excitement for the season ahead.The holidays are traditionally a time to express gratitude to those we love as we gather over a Thanksgiving meal and make shopping lists of people we want to remember with a card or gift of appreciation. This holiday spirit of thankfulness is the spirit I’ve tried to carry through my cancer journey every day of the year. When life is ugly, dark, painful and bleak, finding gratitude in the simplest things snaps me out of the dull drums replacing sadness with hope, positivity and healing. During cancer, I spent many days sitting on my patio in the early morning hours, in my pj’s, when the world was still, meditating, watching the sunrise, listening to the song of birds, watching the clouds, listening to the wind, looking at the flowers in my garden and reciting self-created personal affirmations. Not only did I enjoy nature but felt gratitude for my